Saturday, January 24, 2009

New At This

I've never done a blog before, so we'll all see how this goes!

I have been married for 14 years to a wonderful man, Kevin. We have two boys, Gage, 13; and Wyatt, 10. They are the loves of my life.



I started out as a stay-at-home mom, which was (and is) the best job in the world! In 1997 I started working part-time at Gage's Pediatrician's office. My (ex-step) aunt was a nurse there at the time, and they were short-handed, so she called and asked me to help out. I eventually started working "up front" as a fill-in receptionist/file girl. In 2004 Kevin got a new job, and I was able to quit and stay home, full-time... well except for those times I would sub at our high school. I was very involved with the boy's school. I helped out with all of their class parties, field trips, etc. And I loved every minute of it! I'm not one of those mom's that can't wait for school to start, I love(ed) when my boys are at home with me. On June 3rd, 2007 I went back to work, FULL-TIME at the Pediatrician's office. It was, and still is some days, very hard. I miss the class parties (I've made it to a few since starting back to work, but not all), the field trips, and just picking them up from school everyday. But things happen, and life changes, and we deal with it.

They are both involved in sports. Gage played pee-wee basketball and Little League baseball since he was able to. He stopped playing basketball when he went into the 7th Grade. Then he decided not to play baseball last Summer so that he could focus on football, and played his first season of Junior High football last year! It was great! He loves it, I think, more than any other sport he's played. Wyatt only plays baseball, right now. I love it too (especially since baseball is one of my favorite sports, other than High School and Razorback football)! He isn't interested in basketball, at all. But I think he might play football later on.

Gage (#86) and his good friend, Aaron, after a football game


Wyatt

It makes me sad sometimes that my babies are growing up so fast. But, then, it is also exciting to see the young men they are turning into. I know we have hard times ahead, as we are heading towards "the teenage years". Gage is already a teenager, and I know in just a short time, we'll be dealing with dating and driving........ OH MY.... NOT ready for all of that!! But we will take it all one day at a time, good days and bad... hopefully more good! haha But no matter what, this IS my blessed life!

1 comment: